Omotenashi for beginners
Updated: Jul 23, 2021
If you search for Omotenashi on Wikipedia you’ll find Outstanding MOon exploration TEchnologies demonstrated by NAno Semi-Hard Impactor. But that’s not what we’re talking about.
Japanese curry goes hand in hand with unconditional Japanese hospitality: omotenashi. Currychiwa is no exception to this. These are our five rules for unconditional omotenashi:
1. Look at everyone in a 2-metre radius around you and see them.
2. Smile, make eye contact and open your mouth.
3. Shine with pride about who you are and what you stand for.
4. Have an eye for every detail.
5. Be thankful for everything and everyone.
Have you got what it takes? Then maybe you’re our next Curry Taker!